January 1st is rapidly approaching, and with it comes several pricing changes in the inflatable kayak arena. If you’ve been putting off a purchase, now may be the time to “pull the trigger.”
Effective January 1st, Advanced Elements will increase the prices on several of their kayak models.
While Advanced Elements has maintained generic price levels since 2012, over the past few years material, manufacturing and shipping costs have risen.
Additionally, several of the 2016 models have seen design upgrades, including enhanced seats, the inclusion of pressure relief valves in the floor bladder, and redesigned hardware/d-rings for easier access. Velcro paddle holders are now standard on the AdvancedFrame kayaks.
New retail prices and enhancements are as follows:
- AE1020 Firefly – $249 (redesigned hardware)
- AE1031 Lagoon – $379 (redesigned hardware)
- AE1033 Lagoon 2 – $529 (redesigned hardware)
- AE1017 Sport – $449 (pressure relief valve, enhanced seat, redesigned hardware)
- AE1012 AdvancedFrame – $539 (pressure relief valve, enhanced seat, redesigned hardware, velcro paddleholders)
- AE1007 Convertible – $799 (pressure relief valve, enhanced seats, redesigned hardware)
- AE1006ANG StraitEdge Angler – $749 (pressure relief valve, redesigned hardware)
- AE1014 StraitEdge2 – $999 (pressure relief valve, redesigned hardware)
- AE1050 Attack – $674 (redesigned hardware)
The current yellow AE1009 Expedition is being retired, and will be replaced with the upgraded, ocean blue Expedition LTD at $749. The Expedition LTD features upgraded seating, integrated storage hatch, sculpted riser bar, pressure relief valve, velcro paddle holders and redesigned hardware.
All Advanced Elements inflatable paddle boards will remain at 2015 pricing levels, as well as the following kayak models: StraitEdge AE1006, AirFusion Elite AE1041, Packlite AE3021 and Island Voyage II AE3023.
Accessories are relatively unchanged, with the exception of the following:
- AirFusion Skeg – $79
- Foot Pegs – $79
- Kayak Covers – $89 and $109
This comes in conjunction with upcoming mid-January shipping rate changes – the US Postal Service is requesting nearly 10% increases on Priority mail while UPS and FedEx will see roughly 5% increases.
Other inflatable kayak manufacturers – such as Airis, Innova and AquaGlide will be holding 2015 pricing on most of their product lines. The one exception is AquaGlide’s Columbia XP product line, which will see a significant decrease up to 20%. The new prices for the Columbia XP One, Two and Tandem will drop to $499, $599 and $699 respectively.
For more details on each of the products or to get a jump on 2016, visit the website at www.AirKayaks.com.